A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
NEWS (23 February 2017):
DEMO v2.2.0 RELEASED! Download the latest update to the Demo for free below. This update features a host of user interface improvements, game balance changes, and bug fixes, as well as many new items such as personal teleport devices, vaccines and batteries. See the development blog for a full changelog.
ABOUT THE GAME:
XENOMARINE is a sci-fi-horror themed roguelike in which you play a space marine exploring a dark alien-infested space station. You start out with nothing but a crowbar, a torch running low on battery and some battered armor...and high hopes of finding some powerful alien tech!
(Just in case you don't know what a roguelike is, think: top-down, turn-based rpg with randomly generated levels that are different each time you play. Oh yea, and when you die, you die - no saved games!)
XENOMARINE is currently in development, but is available to download for free in a fully playable Demo (pre-alpha) version below. This Demo is being updated with new features regularly, but I try to make sure each release is a fun, playable minigame: reaching the end of level 3 should be quite a challenge!
The full game is expected to be released in 2017. The game will be released first on PC, Mac and Linux, followed by iPad and tablet versions
- Classic turn-based gameplay with lots of strategic depth
- Many thousands of possible weapon and armour combinations (including 'dual-wielding')
- Over 70 basic weapon types (approx 15 in Demo version) with many procedurally generated variants and upgrades
- Unique useable items such as scanners, stimpacks and directional forcefields
- 60 trap types that can be disarmed, acquired and redeployed by the player
- Over 150 procedurally generated enemy types (11 in Demo version)
- Multiple damage types and status effects
- Atmospheric 3D lighting and procedurally generated atmospheric sounds
- Over 60 learnable skill upgrades
- Crafting (basic items can be crafted and armor upgraded with the relevant skills)
- Interactable scenery: moveable crates, exploding barrels, functioning doors
- Realistic sound effects
- Weapon and armour choices are reflected in the 'look' of your character
- Over 50 unique randomly generated levels (3 in Demo version)
- Infinite gameplay - levels get harder and harder until you die: complete as many as you can! (Not in Demo version)
- Permadeath (no returning to earlier saved games)
- Classic highscore board with detailed game stats
- Intuitive mouse and keyboard interface
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO:
The demo version of Xenomarine, consisting of the first three fully playable levels, is available to download for free below.
Click download now to get access to the following files: