A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
NEWS (10 June 2017):
ALPHA LAUNCHED! The first Alpha version of Xenomarine is now available to download below, with 15 randomly generated levels and masses of new weapons, items and enemy types.
ABOUT THE GAME:
XENOMARINE is a sci-fi-horror themed roguelike in which you play a space marine exploring a dark alien-infested space station. You start out with nothing but a crowbar, a torch running low on battery and some battered armor...and high hopes of finding some powerful alien tech!
(Just in case you don't know what a roguelike is, think: top-down, turn-based rpg with randomly generated levels that are different each time you play. Oh yea, and when you die, you die - no saved games!)
- Classic turn-based gameplay with lots of strategic depth
- Infinite, randomly generated levels (15 in Alpha)
- Atmospheric 3D lighting
- Unique useable items such as scanners, stimpacks and directional forcefields
- Over 150 unique enemy types (80 in Alpha)
- Over 70 learnable skill upgrades
- Multiple damage types and status effects
- Crafting (craft items from scrap and upgrade weapons and armor)
- Hack drones; deploy traps; use alien tech
- Intuitive user interface, with mouse-only and keyboard-only support
- Realistic sci-fi sounds including randomly generated atmosphere sounds
WHAT CAN I DOWNLOAD NOW?
XENOMARINE is currently in development, but is available to download in two different versions.
The recently released ALPHA version has 15 levels and enough content and replayability that it could be seen as a finished game: a good run can easily take upwards of 3 hours, and the hallmark of roguelikes is replayability, adding up to many, many hours of gameplay!
However, another hallmark of roguelikes is wealth of detailed content, and there is still loads more to add (new levels, aliens, items, weapons and other features). In terms of such content I'd say the ALPHA is about 50% complete.
There is also a free DEMO version, consisting of the first 3 levels of the Alpha, making it a fun, playable minigame.
The Full game is expected to be released in late 2017/early 2018, first on PC, Mac and Linux, followed by iPad and tablet versions. Buyers of the Alpha will of course get free access to any further updates, including the full game itself when it is released (NB it is currently planned that the full game will have a higher price than the Alpha).
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Xenomarine Alpha 1 Released! 14 days ago