A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
NEWS (22 March 2020)
Xenomarine is now at full release, and the latest version (v1.1.3) is now available here on itch at a new reduced price. Time to hunt some facehuggers!
ABOUT THE GAME:
XENOMARINE is a dark, atmospheric, sci-fi/horror themed roguelike in which you play a space marine exploring an alien-infested space station. Starting out with little more than a crowbar, you will fight to survive against over 120 increasingly powerful alien species, as you progress as far as you can through infinite randomly generated levels.
With no starting classes, develop your character entirely by means of in-game choices: choose between over 70 skill levels as you gain experience from combat, and create a unique build each time you play by finding and choosing between hundreds of unique usable items and individually upgradable weapons and armor.
WARNING: This game is hard! Expect to die soon and often when first starting out, and in the default 'roguelike' game mode death is permanent - meaning you will have to start again from level 1. But don’t worry: each playthrough will be different because so many parts of the game are randomly generated (in a way that’s carefully fine-tuned for balance).
- Rich, Tactical Turn-based Combat
- Infinite, randomly generated levels
- Atmospheric 3D lighting
- Unique useable items such as scanners, stimpacks and directional forcefields
- Over 140 unique enemy types
- Over 70 learnable skill upgrades
- Random miniquests
- Multiple damage types and status effects
- Crafting (craft items from scrap and upgrade weapons and armor)
- Hack drones and turrets; deploy traps; use alien tech
- Intuitive user interface, with mouse-only and keyboard-only support
- Realistic sci-fi sounds including randomly generated atmosphere sounds
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Apr 29, 2019|
|Tags||Aliens, Crafting, Dungeon Crawler, Horror, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Sci-fi, sci-fi, Strategy RPG, Turn-based|
|Average session||About an hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- v1.1.3 available nowMar 22, 2020
- v1.1.2 available nowAug 04, 2019
- Xenomarine now at Full ReleaseApr 29, 2019
- Xenomarine Beta LaunchedMay 14, 2018
- Alpha 5 released!Mar 07, 2018
- Alpha 4 released!Dec 08, 2017
- Alpha 3 released and on sale!Oct 25, 2017
- Alpha 2 released!Aug 30, 2017