A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
NEWS (21 December 2016):
DEMO v2.1.0 RELEASED! Download the latest update to the Demo for free below. This update introduces traps, status effects, coloured room lighting, game stats, procedurally generated atmospheric sounds and many user interface improvements. See the development blog for a full changelog.
ABOUT THE GAME:
XENOMARINE is a sci-fi-horror themed roguelike in which you play a space marine exploring a dark alien-infested space station. You start out with nothing but a crowbar, a torch running low on battery and some battered armor...and high hopes of finding some powerful alien tech!
(Just in case you don't know what a roguelike is, think: top-down, turn-based rpg with randomly generated levels that are different each time you play. Oh yea, and when you die, you die - no saved games!)
XENOMARINE is currently in development, but is available to download for free in a fully playable Demo (pre-alpha) version below. This Demo is being updated with new features regularly, but I try to make sure each release is a fun, playable minigame: reaching the end of level 3 should be quite a challenge!
The full game is expected to be released in 2017. The game will be released first on PC, Mac and Linux, followed by iPad and tablet versions
- Classic turn-based gameplay with lots of strategic depth
- Many thousands of possible weapon and armour combinations (including 'dual-wielding')
- Over 70 basic weapon types (approx 15 in Demo version) with many procedurally generated variants and upgrades
- Unique useable items such as scanners, stimpacks and directional forcefields
- 60 trap types that can be disarmed, acquired and redeployed by the player
- Over 150 procedurally generated enemy types (11 in Demo version)
- Multiple damage types and status effects
- Atmospheric 3D lighting and procedurally generated atmospheric sounds
- Over 60 learnable skill upgrades
- Crafting (basic items can be crafted and armor upgraded with the relevant skills)
- Interactable scenery: moveable crates, exploding barrels, functioning doors
- Realistic sound effects
- Weapon and armour choices are reflected in the 'look' of your character
- Over 50 unique randomly generated levels (3 in Demo version)
- Infinite gameplay - levels get harder and harder until you die: complete as many as you can! (Not in Demo version)
- Permadeath (no returning to earlier saved games)
- Classic highscore board with detailed game stats
- Intuitive mouse and keyboard interface
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO:
The demo version of Xenomarine, consisting of the first three fully playable levels, is available to download for free below. Please support the project if you are able by setting a payment amount higher than zero - all donations will be gratefully received and will go directly towards completion of the project.
Click download now to get access to the following files: