A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
NEWS (6 March 2018):
Xenomarine is now in Beta! The game is now complete in terms of having all the content and features originally planned (as well as a whole lot that was not originally planned but was added on the way!) though during Beta there will be further bug fixes and balance adjustments.
ABOUT THE GAME:
XENOMARINE is a dark, atmospheric, sci-fi/horror themed roguelike in which you play a space marine exploring an alien-infested space station. Starting out with little more than a crowbar, you will fight to survive against over 120 increasingly powerful alien species, as you progress as far as you can through infinite randomly generated levels.
With no starting classes, develop your character entirely by means of in-game choices: choose between over 70 skill levels as you gain experience from combat, and create a unique build each time you play by finding and choosing between hundreds of unique usable items and individually upgradable weapons and armor.
WARNING: This game is hard! Expect to die soon and often when first starting out, and in the default 'roguelike' game mode death is permanent - meaning you will have to start again from level 1. But don’t worry: each playthrough will be different because so many parts of the game are randomly generated (in a way that’s carefully fine-tuned for balance).
- Rich, Tactical Turn-based Combat
- Infinite, randomly generated levels
- Atmospheric 3D lighting
- Unique useable items such as scanners, stimpacks and directional forcefields
- Over 140 unique enemy types (in Alpha)
- Over 70 learnable skill upgrades
- Random miniquests
- Multiple damage types and status effects
- Crafting (craft items from scrap and upgrade weapons and armor)
- Hack drones and turrets; deploy traps; use alien tech
- Intuitive user interface, with mouse-only and keyboard-only support
- Realistic sci-fi sounds including randomly generated atmosphere sounds
WHAT CAN I DOWNLOAD NOW?
XENOMARINE is currently in development, but is available to download in two different versions.
With the recently released BETA the game is now complete in terms of mechanics and content, though there may be some bugs.
There is also a free DEMO version, consisting of the first 3 levels of the Beta, making it a fun, playable minigame.
Full release is expected to be released in Summer 2018 on PC, Mac and Linux.
Click download now to get access to the following files: